So here we are the end of week 1 of Frocktober. Didn’t think I’d enjoy it as much as I have but the weather has been reasonably kind (except for yesterday which was rather chilly).
I’d love it if you’d sponsor me (which you can do here) and every little bit helps. All funds raised go to Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF). At present ovarian cancer is commonly diagnosed at advanced stage with only 20-30% of women surviving beyond five years, compared to more that 90% when the disease is detected and treated early.
Early stage ovarian cancer may not have obvious symptoms but the following may occur:
* Vague abdominal pain or pressure
* Feeling of abdominal fullness, gas, nausea, indigestion – different to your normal sensations
* Sudden abdominal swelling, weight gain or bloating
* Persistent changes in bowel or bladder patterns
* Low backache or cramps
* Abnormal vaginal bleeding
* Pain during intercourse
* Unexplained weight loss
The majority of women who experience one or two of these early symptoms do not have cancer. However, it is important that you seek medical advice if the symptoms are unusual or persist. For further information, visit www.ocrf.com.au or call 1300 OVARIAN.
Now onto the dresses