Another family favourite I baked last week – Cinnamon Scrolls. Can’t remember where I got the recipe from but here it is for your cooking pleasure
For the dough you will need:
- 2 cups self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 85 grams butter
- 2/3 cup milk
For he filling you will need:
- 100 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
For the icing/glaze you will need:
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced)
- Sift flour and salt, rub butter into flour until all combined then add milk and cut the mixture together with a knife.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until combined. Roll dough into a rectangle roughly 30 x 30 cms and about ½ cm thick.
- Cream butter and sugar for the filling, then still in the cinnamon.
- Spread the filling over the entire surface of the dough.
- Roll up the dough and cut it into 2.5 cm pieces.
- Place pieces onto a greased (or lined) tray, allowing enough room for them to double in size.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix icing sugar & water to make glaze. Drizzle glaze over hot scrolls.
These are best eaten warm (trust me lol)