You can now find previous In the Den Kitchen posts here or on Pinterest. Clicking Recipes in the menu above will also take you to my In the Den Kitchen Pinterest board. I’m slowly reworking some older posts so they will show up there too.
Links to any Your Inspiration at Home (YIAH) products will take you to my YIAH page. You can shop in Australia, New Zealand, USA & Canada from my page. If you are interested in learning about YIAH jump over to my Facebook page.
An early edition this week. This recipe went out to the subscribers to my YIAH newsletter earlier this month but I thought I’d share it here too.
You may have seen these stunning creations floating around the net in the last few weeks and let me tell you they are so super easy to make.
All you need is
- a sheet of puff pastry
- an apple
- some apricot jam
- YIAH Baked Apple Pie spice
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Get a microwave safe bowl and put some water and a squeeze of lemon juice in it.
- Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper thin slices. Leave the peel on to give your roses colour. the colour of your apple skin will determine the colour of your rose. Place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon and water.
- Soften your apple slices by microwaving for about 3 minutes.
- Roll out your puff pastry to make it a bit thinner. Cut into 6 strips.
- In another microwave safe bowl, put 3 tablespoons of apricot jam and 2 tablespoons water. Microwave for about a minute. Spread on your pastry.
- Drain the apples.
- Place your apple slices along one edge of the dough, with the skins hanging over the top. Sprinkle with a little Apple Pie Spice.
- Fold up the bottom part of the dough and roll your rose.
- Place in a silicone muffin cup.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and apple slices.
- Bake for about 40 minutes to allow pastry to cook. If the apple gets too brown, place on a lower shelf.
- To serve: dust with icing sugar (or some YIAH Rose sugar)