How is it already July? The last few months have flown by…
What have I been up to?
- Listening to the Crafty Ass Females podcast. I seriously love these ladies and the topics they cover each week (especially the ones on mental illness <3 )
- Taking photos for my 100 Happy Days project. I haven’t been sharing these much this year but I’m collating them all. I may share them as a flip thru when I’m done.
- I started the 100 Day Project (again). I made 22 days. BUT I am nearly finished my 100 Days of All About Me project I started last year. Flip thru coming soon!
- Slowly working on my Awesome Ladies Project Book of Me. Go check out the new site – it is AMAZING!!
- Checking out the new Simple Scrapper website. Also amazing.
- Slowly catching up on the girls’ Project Life albums
- Creating my own Discord for creatives who live in Australia and New Zealand. It’s a bit quiet but we’d love you to join us. I’m hoping to start a weekly chat/motivation session.
What have you been up to?
Well I was going to blog my 30 days pages each day but that didn’t happen so look for a big post on that in the next couple of days.
I’m still working on my Awesome Ladies Book of Me project. I am really loving this project this year and loving that I am starting to tell my stories not just our family’s stories
I supported the Crafty Ass Female podcast Patreon. I so love this podcast. Kristin & Amanda are awesome. It’s like hanging out with 2 crafty ass friends and just having a great time.
Apart from that – work and the kids are taking up the rest of my time.
I’m doing the 100 Happy Days photo project again. I love this and this will be the fourth year I’ve done this. Just snapping a quick pic of what’s making me happy that day. I’ll be blogging it over at Nightwolf’s Den. You can also see past years there too.
The 100 Day Project starts on April 3. This year I’m giving myself a bit more freedom – 100 days of doing something crafty. So I can do as little or as much as I have time for each day. I’ll be blogging about it, most likely once a week. Maybe. We’ll see how I go.
The theme for the Awesome Ladies Project for 2018 is Book of Me. I’m loving this so far. I’ve gone with a 6×8 album this year to give me a bit more room that last years 4×4.
So far this year I’ve been using Kristin’s Currently cards a lot. I love these and it makes it super easy to document what’s going on in my life.
My cover and January pages
February was all about Currently. My 4 weeks of Currently Friday. I’ve done a bit of journaling on the back of each cards to note important events that took place each week.
I turned 40 at the end of January so documented that
Gardening has been a big part of my life lately so it got documented too.
I’ve got a couple of more Currently stories to document so I’ll share them next time.
Happy New Year! Time for a quick look back at my goals for last year and forward to my plans for 2018
2017 started out ok and I got a fair bit of creating done, then it just petered off and I hardly created anything in the second half of the year. Makes me sad cause I love creating.
In 2017 my plans were….
- create a photo book of our holiday using the Project Life app and most likely printing it through Snapfish. Nope didn’t happen. On my list of things to do, eventually but not digitally anymore as my eldest wants to help me create that scrapbook
so yay a joint project.
- finish our 2016 Journal Your Christmas pages. Keeping it very simple this year so I get it done. This is kind of done. I did a few pages before we went away on holiday and I plan to add a spread showcasing the best bits of our holiday and Christmas day.
- create a year of me album – not sure what it will include as yet but it’s my Awesome Ladies Project for the year Managed to get a couple of months of the Awesome Ladies Project done and the majority of 100 Days of Me. This is a project I can go back to whenever though as I made a ton of notes each month
- keep up to date with the girls albums. Simplify this year. Use up the supplies I have. Print photos and journal each month. Get it done, not perfect. Well….. I’ll be honest. There is nothing in the girls’ albums for 2017. Some of it is planned digitally but none made it to albums. Adding it to my catch up pile.
- Day in the Life & Week in the Life. Thinking of doing these digitally and printing them. I did this for Day in the Life in 2016 and it worked well so I might try it for Week in the Life too. I actually did this one and completed it. And it’s in my Year of Me album.
- possibly other projects that I have on the backburner or that spark my interest. Made a few cards and got into a few other non paper crafting things like loom banding and crochet over winter though.
- Book of Me at Awesome Ladies
- Journal Your Christmas 2017. Taking Shimelle’s advice from 2017 and only creating for the days that speak to me. Also keeping it simple. Maybe ask Miss K to create a couple of pages for me.
- Do a few more pages in our wedding album. It will get complete one year. No major rush on this one
- The girls’ PL albums. Make a date each month to create their pages digitally.
- Holiday album
- anything else that takes my fancy.
How did you go in 2017? Have any crafting plans for 2018?
More colouring. I’m loving relaxing at night doing a little colouring.
Spent 2 nights reading this book. Hard to make myself stop after 31 minutes as I’m really getting into it. The author is a local and really lovely.
The 19th saw the start of Simple Scrapper Refresh event so days 19, 20, 21 & 22 are all Refresh related
Thinking I will start posting weekly on a Sunday night for the rest of the month.
Day 12 saw me create a few more cards my 100 Days project
Day 13 some more drawing practice. trying to get better at drawing some anime
Day 14 I decided to create a folder to house all my Awesome Ladies monthly prompts and mini courses
Day 15 was a busy day at the local Medieval fest so a quiet night doing some colouring
Day 9 – spent my 31 minutes doing some drawing. Random doodle for my bullet journal
Day 10 – did a little baking
Day 11 – more cards for my 100 Days of all about me
Back to the crafty today. Wrote a blog post sharing my first 25 cards for 100 Days of All About Me and setting up my new Bullet Journal. All in pencil first so I don’t stuff it up