I may have started an Instagram account for this blog. Would love it if you popped on over and said hello
December flew by in such a rush and we went away on holiday so I didn’t scrap a thing all month!
My word of the year for 2017 is me so I’m making sure I take more time for me and the things I love, which includes scrapbooking.
This year I plan to…
- create a photo book of our holiday using the Project Life app and most likely printing it through Snapfish.
- finish our 2016 Journal Your Christmas pages. Keeping it very simple this year so I get it done.
- create a year of me album – not sure what it will include as yet but it’s my Awesome Ladies Project for the year
- keep up to date with the girls albums. Simplify this year. Use up the supplies I have. Print photos and journal each month. Get it done, not perfect.
- Day in the Life & Week in the Life. Thinking of doing these digitally and printing them. I did this for Day in the Life in 2016 and it worked well so I might try it for Week in the Life too.
- possibly other projects that I have on the backburner or that spark my interest
I’m part of the Awesome Ladies team again this year. Things are a little different this year and I’d love it if you join us over at the new website and community.
So that’s my plans for 2017 in a nutshell. What are your plans?
I fell a bit behind with my Awesome Ladies album but am slowly catching up so there will be a few catch up posts and then I can get back into posting the current weeks. It feels amazing to have an album that will actually be complete and I look forward to creating another mini album about me in 2017.
Yup it’s time for Shimelle’s Journal Your Christmas again.
I’m keeping it super simple this year and will hopefully actually finish it. Looking forward to creating something festive this year.
This year I’m going to try and share something everyday, be it a page or just my thoughts on the prompt.
Main products I’m using this year in my album…
- Simple Stories Sn@p! 6″ x 8″ Album Binder – Red
- Simple Stories Sn@p! Pocket Pages – 6×8 refills, 4×6 refills, 3×4/4×6 refills, 3×4 refills, 2×2 refills, 2×8/4×4 refills
- Simple Stories Claus & Co collection
- Simple Stories Christmas Sn@p! set
- plus other bits and pieces from my paper and digital stash
It’s been a little while since I’ve shared here. Life has been busy which sadly means not much time for creative pursuits.
Anywho, Kristin of rukristin and Megan of The Nerd Nest have created the next instalment of their awesome workshop My Details.
This round is all about Citizenship.
MyDetails: Citizenship Edition encourages you to tell the story of who you are.
The story of you is also a story of where you are from, where you live, your culture, and who you are as a citizen. With this workshop, you’ll document the details of yourself as a community member (whether it be national, regional, or local) as well as how the details of your culture/society impact your life. No matter what your citizen-story looks like, this workshop will help you document the details that are most meaningful to you.
Whether you’re a blogger, a mini book maker, an art-journaler, a scrapbooker, or any other creative or wannabe-creative person, we’ve got the best ideas to make sure you are telling YOUR story and documenting YOUR details in your memory keeping!
When you register you’ll get access to twice weekly prompts in your inbox, and you might see a familiar face If you’re interested, check out this page.
I’m looking forward to creating some pages and adding them to an album about me.
It’s Father’s Day today so I whipped up a couple of cards for my Dad & Father-in-Law using my Silhouette.
Supplies: kraft & blue cardstock; striped washi Happy Father’s Day cut file
We also had my eldest daughter’s end of season soccer BBQ & presentation day. Decided to make a card to say thanks to the coach. Again cut on the Silhouette
Supplies: kraft, white and black cardstock; skinny green washi, green foam thickers; soccer cut file; card cut file
Another round of Day in the Life this year. We had a pretty busy day but I didn’t really take a lot of photos.
Highlights of the day…
temper tantrums because someone didn’t want to wear her new clothes to soccer
soccer. They won 6-0.
walking to the footy. Fireworks and celebrations of 15 years of Hawthorn FC in Tasmania.
It’s footy time! Lots of snuggles today. And the Hawks won. Just.
A little Pokemon Go on the way back to the car. 2 Pokestops and a couple of new Pokemon. Plus we learned something new.
KFC for tea.
Mum and dad time – tv, social media and a cold drink
A little brain training before bed
Gotta love the Day One app for my Day in the Life journaling.