Another month done and dusted. February was all about Favourites.
Starting with my 3×8 divider page
My Currently page for February, with a couple of watercolour quote cards. A page about my favourite person to spend time with. Overlays, hearts and glitter washi
Then a page about music. I love music, it’s probably one thing I couldn’t live without and my favourite foods
Favourite TV shows and movies then some of my favourite photos so far in 2017 and some random favourite
I’ve finally finished my Awesome Ladies Project pages for January, February & March (thanks in part to the 100 day project) but never got around to posting so over the next few days I’ll be sharing them here
I’ve started my album with a 3×8 pocket and 2 3×4 cards from my stash and backed it with a 3×8 page from Ali Edwards.
Next we welcome January pages with a Snapcaht of me, my January Currently list and 5 facts about me. The backside of that page is a #thursday3 list, a mirror selfie and a quote card I had in my Becky Higgins collection.
Another 3×8 divider. Front side is a list of 39 things about me (as I’m 39 this year) and the reverse is my journaling for my Day in the Life, which I did on my birthday.
Next up a mini snapshot of my Day in the Life using a bunch of 2×2 pictures.
Well, yet again I fell off the wagon and haven’t managed to create a page a day. Life (& work) has gotten in the way of my creative mojo. BUT I have a plan. I’m just going to try for 100 layouts even if it takes me til the end of the year. I may do a bunch in one day. I may do one in a week. But I will be sharing them. So here are the first 10 pages I have done so far.
* My ALP pages will get their own posts so you will be able to check them out there
With Easter and my daughter’s bff’s birthday in April I decided to make a few cards for something different.
I love the Mama Elephant 3 Amigos stamp set. That little fox is too cute.
The next four are all Easter cards.
Can’t remember what the bunny stamps are. The second two are quilled by me. Don’t think I’d do the egg again – it took me ages!
It starts today. This year I’ll be collecting photos and stories in Collect, sharing here and possibly scrapping and adding to my Awesome Ladies album.
This is my fifth year documenting Week in the Life on my and you can check out my previous years’’ Week in the Life posts here. And I just realised that I need to go back and add photos back to some of the earlier posts :/ Oh well another project to add to the list
What Is the 100-Day Project? It’s a celebration of process that encourages everyone to participate in 100 days of making. The great surrender is the process; showing up day after day is the goal. For the 100-Day Project, it’s not about fetishizing finished products—it’s about the process. You can check it out or maybe even sign up for your own 100 Day Project here. We kick off on the 4th of April 2017.
I attempted this last year and failed but upside is I have a pile of pretty homemade PL cards. You can see some of them here.
This year I have decided that I’m going to do something, hopefully, more doable and something I need to get done – 100 layouts in 100 days. My hashtag, if you want to follow along on Instagram will be #nightwolfdoes100layouts
I may have started an Instagram account for this blog. Would love it if you popped on over and said hello
December flew by in such a rush and we went away on holiday so I didn’t scrap a thing all month!
My word of the year for 2017 is me so I’m making sure I take more time for me and the things I love, which includes scrapbooking.
This year I plan to…
- create a photo book of our holiday using the Project Life app and most likely printing it through Snapfish.
- finish our 2016 Journal Your Christmas pages. Keeping it very simple this year so I get it done.
- create a year of me album – not sure what it will include as yet but it’s my Awesome Ladies Project for the year
- keep up to date with the girls albums. Simplify this year. Use up the supplies I have. Print photos and journal each month. Get it done, not perfect.
- Day in the Life & Week in the Life. Thinking of doing these digitally and printing them. I did this for Day in the Life in 2016 and it worked well so I might try it for Week in the Life too.
- possibly other projects that I have on the backburner or that spark my interest
I’m part of the Awesome Ladies team again this year. Things are a little different this year and I’d love it if you join us over at the new website and community.
So that’s my plans for 2017 in a nutshell. What are your plans?
I fell a bit behind with my Awesome Ladies album but am slowly catching up so there will be a few catch up posts and then I can get back into posting the current weeks. It feels amazing to have an album that will actually be complete and I look forward to creating another mini album about me in 2017.
Yup it’s time for Shimelle’s Journal Your Christmas again.
I’m keeping it super simple this year and will hopefully actually finish it. Looking forward to creating something festive this year.
This year I’m going to try and share something everyday, be it a page or just my thoughts on the prompt.
Main products I’m using this year in my album…
- Simple Stories Sn@p! 6″ x 8″ Album Binder – Red
- Simple Stories Sn@p! Pocket Pages – 6×8 refills, 4×6 refills, 3×4/4×6 refills, 3×4 refills, 2×2 refills, 2×8/4×4 refills
- Simple Stories Claus & Co collection
- Simple Stories Christmas Sn@p! set
- plus other bits and pieces from my paper and digital stash