Week in the Life is a week-long documentation project from the amazing scrapbooker/memory keeper Ali Edwards. You can see previous years by clicking the WitL tag.
This year I ended up doing much more journaling than picture taking but the beauty of it is I can always go back and take photos later.
Most of our days were taken up with work (the joys of being your own boss and an essential service) and schooling from home. Or should I say the battle to get the eldest to do her schooling.
I decided to add a little something new this year to my journaling and at the end of each day filled in the answers to the following questions:
- listened to
- got up. went to bed
- on my list
Really apart from the schooling from home and not going anywhere unless really necessary, this year wasn’t all that different to previous years. Now to get my pages done in my Covid album.
1. Kids are on Easter break. Driving me nuts. Can’t wait for Term 2. Even if it is online.
2. Loving the liltte burst of creativity my Daily Pages gives me.
3. Have bought myself a new fruit juicer. Can’t wait til it gets here.
1. Really looking forward to getting my crafty on this weekend. It’s iNSD weekend.
2. We’re back into schooling from home. Teachers – you guys rock!
3. I’m loving having the wood fire going again. Not loving the mess but loving the warmth.
I’m doing the 100 Happy Days project again this year. This year it’s been a great motivator to find something to be happy about every day.
Birthday cake with Grandma | Daily Pages | Homemade butter | Homemade apple cider | Happiness is a cat (or 3) outside | Logan in an impromptu cat hammock
Pyramids during schooling from home | First proper cuddle with foster Dash | Lamington birthday cake for J | Zentangles | A lost her first tooth | Homemade pastries | New shoes | Planners Anon goodies | Bath crayon art made by the kids | Snapchat selfies | Easter haul | Happy Easter | Sleepy kitty | Boo | ISO birthday | More Snapchat selfies | D&D online | New juicer | Homemade focaccia | Roast pork & veg | A girl & her kitty | One corner in my craft area | D&D pins | My first Memorydex | ANZAC Day | Fried chicken & waffles | Lap cat | Kids in the kitchen | Plane by K for Pa | sleepy kitty pt 2
Photos are all saved in the Collect app.
1. Quiet Friday night here. Watching a little @linkinpark live in concert while getting my craft on.
2. Long weekend =more craft time #yay
3. Looks like season change colds are here little one has a croaky voice. Here’s hoping it doesn’t spread.
Have a great weekend everyone
1. This week has been strange. Do we keep the kids home from school or not? They ended up having 2 days off. We r all ok just seasonal head colds
2. I’m thankful for the amazing online crafty/planner communities. Everyone bands together and makes sure everyone is ok
3. I made big dent in sorting my craft stuff and setting up my little craft space in the bedroom. Can’t wait to be able to go shut myself away in there when I need some alone time
How are you all doing?
1. We’ve pulled the kids from school. This could be interesting. Wish me luck.
2. Loving my daily pages. Finished my first book the other day. Yay me.
3. Missing mum. But glad she’s not here at the moment
Short & sweet this week
1. School is back so is swimming. Everyone will be exhausted tonight.
2. Mini me (aka Miss K) is getting into planning. Not sure if I should be happy or not. Means buying 2 lots of stash
3. Loving that Miss A has the same swimming teacher that Miss K had when she started swimming.
1. Looking forwards to crafting with the @the_awesome_ladies_project this week at the online hangout
2. Kitties after operations are like 4 legged drunk people. Two of our fosters got desexed yesterday. Back to their normal selves today.
3. Back into creating stickers again for my planner. Next step is improving my digital brush lettering.
Hmm. My Thursday 3s for January. All 2 of them.
1. Our country is burning and it makes me sad. Praying to the goddess for some much needed rain.
2. I’m crafting again. Mum would want me to keep on keeping on. So I’m doing it for the girls. And me.
3. My word of the year for 2020 is Self. Focusing on me and lots of self care this year.
* birthday week is coming to an end so is January. It’s been a strange month. Birthdays without Mum are strange. Cake is good.
* school is back next week. Holidays have been good but my god I am so looking forward to having both kids at school 5 days a week.
* today has been Hot! It’s meant to rain tonight but still be hot and muggy. hello summer