I’ve been a member at Simple Scrapper for ages and I love how much Jennifer Wilson does for all her members – from classes to yearly events like Refresh. One of the awesome bonuses of being a member is the monthly Spark ezine. There’s articles, sketches, story starters and much more!
Normally the only way you can get your hands on this great little mag is to be a member of Simple Scrapper (which is an awesome choice btw) BUT for this weekend – which just happens to be International Scrapbook Day – you can get your hands on a bundle of 12 issues from 2018. The full price is $49, but use the coupon code SPARK20 to get the bundle for $29! Bargain!!
Interested? Head on over to simplescrapper.com/bundle and grab yourself a steal before 11:55 p.m. CDT on Monday, May 6 2019
Welcome, welcome friends. Here we are nearly to the end of February and I am yet to post.
The holidays are over and the kids are back at school. My baby is in kindergarten so I have 3 whole days a week with no kiddos!!
One is hoping that this is going to help the creative juices flow a bit more in 2019.
What am I planning for 2019? So far – lots!!
Creating monthly pages in my 6×8 album that are just my stories. At this stage I’ll be using the Awesome Ladies Project monthly Lens prompts, with the occasional Day In the Life and Week in the Life spreads. It’ll evolve as it goes.
Working on the girls’ Project Life albums monthly. Now that they are growing up I want to rethink how I do these albums. Do I still want to do an album each? Who knows? We’ll see how it goes.
Morning pages. Now we’re in a good school routine I’m hoping to get back into creating something quick of a morning.
If not morning pages I’ll pop something in my little quote book I started.
30 Days of Lists.
Kellie is planning on doing 3 rounds of 31 things in 31 days. Looking forward to that.
100 Day Project. Not sure what I want to do. Throwing round the idea of giving myself a weekly theme.
100 Happy Days. I didn’t do this last year but I really want to do it this year. I think it is something I need to do even if just for myself.
Working through some classes at Big Picture and Simple Scrapper.
Photographing projects and sharing them here cause I have been so bad at that.
Who knows what else. We’ll see what the year brings. What are your plans for 2019?
I’ve been a member of the Awesome Ladies since it opened and I love the site and the way Krisitn encourages us ladies to tell our stories (& I have 2 nearly complete books about me to show for it)
Now is the perfect time to join and save 25% off the first 3 months of a new Awesome Ladies Collective or Collective VIP Membership.
This is an awesome way to try out the Collective and dive in head first to the only feminist scrapbooking community in the world.
Kristin is there to guide you through the learning more about telling your story and learning more about yourself through this fun and wonderful art form.
Use the code: BLACKFRIDAY to save 25% off the first three months of a new ALP Collective Membership OR an annual VIP membership
Save 25% on the first three months of a new Collective, Collective VIP Membership, or annual membership when you sign up today through Monday, November 26th.
Use code BLACKFRIDAY at member checkout.
Membership prices will be increasing on December 1st, 2019, so now is the absolute best time to sign up, save, and lock in on 2018 membership rates.
Can’t wait to see you there
How is it already July? The last few months have flown by…
What have I been up to?
- Listening to the Crafty Ass Females podcast. I seriously love these ladies and the topics they cover each week (especially the ones on mental illness <3 )
- Taking photos for my 100 Happy Days project. I haven’t been sharing these much this year but I’m collating them all. I may share them as a flip thru when I’m done.
- I started the 100 Day Project (again). I made 22 days. BUT I am nearly finished my 100 Days of All About Me project I started last year. Flip thru coming soon!
- Slowly working on my Awesome Ladies Project Book of Me. Go check out the new site – it is AMAZING!!
- Checking out the new Simple Scrapper website. Also amazing.
- Slowly catching up on the girls’ Project Life albums
- Creating my own Discord for creatives who live in Australia and New Zealand. It’s a bit quiet but we’d love you to join us. I’m hoping to start a weekly chat/motivation session.
What have you been up to?
Well I was going to blog my 30 days pages each day but that didn’t happen so look for a big post on that in the next couple of days.
I’m still working on my Awesome Ladies Book of Me project. I am really loving this project this year and loving that I am starting to tell my stories not just our family’s stories
I supported the Crafty Ass Female podcast Patreon. I so love this podcast. Kristin & Amanda are awesome. It’s like hanging out with 2 crafty ass friends and just having a great time.
Apart from that – work and the kids are taking up the rest of my time.
I’m doing the 100 Happy Days photo project again. I love this and this will be the fourth year I’ve done this. Just snapping a quick pic of what’s making me happy that day. I’ll be blogging it over at Nightwolf’s Den. You can also see past years there too.
The 100 Day Project starts on April 3. This year I’m giving myself a bit more freedom – 100 days of doing something crafty. So I can do as little or as much as I have time for each day. I’ll be blogging about it, most likely once a week. Maybe. We’ll see how I go.
Happy New Year! Time for a quick look back at my goals for last year and forward to my plans for 2018
2017 started out ok and I got a fair bit of creating done, then it just petered off and I hardly created anything in the second half of the year. Makes me sad cause I love creating.
In 2017 my plans were….
- create a photo book of our holiday using the Project Life app and most likely printing it through Snapfish. Nope didn’t happen. On my list of things to do, eventually but not digitally anymore as my eldest wants to help me create that scrapbook
so yay a joint project.
- finish our 2016 Journal Your Christmas pages. Keeping it very simple this year so I get it done. This is kind of done. I did a few pages before we went away on holiday and I plan to add a spread showcasing the best bits of our holiday and Christmas day.
- create a year of me album – not sure what it will include as yet but it’s my Awesome Ladies Project for the year Managed to get a couple of months of the Awesome Ladies Project done and the majority of 100 Days of Me. This is a project I can go back to whenever though as I made a ton of notes each month
- keep up to date with the girls albums. Simplify this year. Use up the supplies I have. Print photos and journal each month. Get it done, not perfect. Well….. I’ll be honest. There is nothing in the girls’ albums for 2017. Some of it is planned digitally but none made it to albums. Adding it to my catch up pile.
- Day in the Life & Week in the Life. Thinking of doing these digitally and printing them. I did this for Day in the Life in 2016 and it worked well so I might try it for Week in the Life too. I actually did this one and completed it. And it’s in my Year of Me album.
- possibly other projects that I have on the backburner or that spark my interest. Made a few cards and got into a few other non paper crafting things like loom banding and crochet over winter though.
- Book of Me at Awesome Ladies
- Journal Your Christmas 2017. Taking Shimelle’s advice from 2017 and only creating for the days that speak to me. Also keeping it simple. Maybe ask Miss K to create a couple of pages for me.
- Do a few more pages in our wedding album. It will get complete one year. No major rush on this one
- The girls’ PL albums. Make a date each month to create their pages digitally.
- Holiday album
- anything else that takes my fancy.
How did you go in 2017? Have any crafting plans for 2018?
Just a heads up – ALL IMAGES ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHT (UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED) TO NIGHTWOLF SCRAPS/CAROLINE BROWN.
If you would like to use an image, please ask. Don’t go somewhere dodgy (like PinDaddy) where they will share images saying they are available under Creative Commons. Most of the time they aren’t.
It starts today. This year I’ll be collecting photos and stories in Collect, sharing here and possibly scrapping and adding to my Awesome Ladies album.
This is my fifth year documenting Week in the Life on my and you can check out my previous years’’ Week in the Life posts here. And I just realised that I need to go back and add photos back to some of the earlier posts :/ Oh well another project to add to the list
I may have started an Instagram account for this blog. Would love it if you popped on over and said hello