I’ve been a member of the Awesome Ladies since it opened and I love the site and the way Krisitn encourages us ladies to tell our stories (& I have 2 nearly complete books about me to show for it)
Now is the perfect time to join and save 25% off the first 3 months of a new Awesome Ladies Collective or Collective VIP Membership.
This is an awesome way to try out the Collective and dive in head first to the only feminist scrapbooking community in the world.
Kristin is there to guide you through the learning more about telling your story and learning more about yourself through this fun and wonderful art form.
Use the code: BLACKFRIDAY to save 25% off the first three months of a new ALP Collective Membership OR an annual VIP membership
Save 25% on the first three months of a new Collective, Collective VIP Membership, or annual membership when you sign up today through Monday, November 26th.
Use code BLACKFRIDAY at member checkout.
Membership prices will be increasing on December 1st, 2019, so now is the absolute best time to sign up, save, and lock in on 2018 membership rates.
Can’t wait to see you there
How is it already July? The last few months have flown by…
What have I been up to?
- Listening to the Crafty Ass Females podcast. I seriously love these ladies and the topics they cover each week (especially the ones on mental illness <3 )
- Taking photos for my 100 Happy Days project. I haven’t been sharing these much this year but I’m collating them all. I may share them as a flip thru when I’m done.
- I started the 100 Day Project (again). I made 22 days. BUT I am nearly finished my 100 Days of All About Me project I started last year. Flip thru coming soon!
- Slowly working on my Awesome Ladies Project Book of Me. Go check out the new site – it is AMAZING!!
- Checking out the new Simple Scrapper website. Also amazing.
- Slowly catching up on the girls’ Project Life albums
- Creating my own Discord for creatives who live in Australia and New Zealand. It’s a bit quiet but we’d love you to join us. I’m hoping to start a weekly chat/motivation session.
What have you been up to?
Well I was going to blog my 30 days pages each day but that didn’t happen so look for a big post on that in the next couple of days.
I’m still working on my Awesome Ladies Book of Me project. I am really loving this project this year and loving that I am starting to tell my stories not just our family’s stories
I supported the Crafty Ass Female podcast Patreon. I so love this podcast. Kristin & Amanda are awesome. It’s like hanging out with 2 crafty ass friends and just having a great time.
Apart from that – work and the kids are taking up the rest of my time.
I’m doing the 100 Happy Days photo project again. I love this and this will be the fourth year I’ve done this. Just snapping a quick pic of what’s making me happy that day. I’ll be blogging it over at Nightwolf’s Den. You can also see past years there too.
The 100 Day Project starts on April 3. This year I’m giving myself a bit more freedom – 100 days of doing something crafty. So I can do as little or as much as I have time for each day. I’ll be blogging about it, most likely once a week. Maybe. We’ll see how I go.
Happy New Year! Time for a quick look back at my goals for last year and forward to my plans for 2018
2017 started out ok and I got a fair bit of creating done, then it just petered off and I hardly created anything in the second half of the year. Makes me sad cause I love creating.
In 2017 my plans were….
- create a photo book of our holiday using the Project Life app and most likely printing it through Snapfish. Nope didn’t happen. On my list of things to do, eventually but not digitally anymore as my eldest wants to help me create that scrapbook
so yay a joint project.
- finish our 2016 Journal Your Christmas pages. Keeping it very simple this year so I get it done. This is kind of done. I did a few pages before we went away on holiday and I plan to add a spread showcasing the best bits of our holiday and Christmas day.
- create a year of me album – not sure what it will include as yet but it’s my Awesome Ladies Project for the year Managed to get a couple of months of the Awesome Ladies Project done and the majority of 100 Days of Me. This is a project I can go back to whenever though as I made a ton of notes each month
- keep up to date with the girls albums. Simplify this year. Use up the supplies I have. Print photos and journal each month. Get it done, not perfect. Well….. I’ll be honest. There is nothing in the girls’ albums for 2017. Some of it is planned digitally but none made it to albums. Adding it to my catch up pile.
- Day in the Life & Week in the Life. Thinking of doing these digitally and printing them. I did this for Day in the Life in 2016 and it worked well so I might try it for Week in the Life too. I actually did this one and completed it. And it’s in my Year of Me album.
- possibly other projects that I have on the backburner or that spark my interest. Made a few cards and got into a few other non paper crafting things like loom banding and crochet over winter though.
- Book of Me at Awesome Ladies
- Journal Your Christmas 2017. Taking Shimelle’s advice from 2017 and only creating for the days that speak to me. Also keeping it simple. Maybe ask Miss K to create a couple of pages for me.
- Do a few more pages in our wedding album. It will get complete one year. No major rush on this one
- The girls’ PL albums. Make a date each month to create their pages digitally.
- Holiday album
- anything else that takes my fancy.
How did you go in 2017? Have any crafting plans for 2018?
Just a heads up – ALL IMAGES ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHT (UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED) TO NIGHTWOLF SCRAPS/CAROLINE BROWN.
If you would like to use an image, please ask. Don’t go somewhere dodgy (like PinDaddy) where they will share images saying they are available under Creative Commons. Most of the time they aren’t.
It starts today. This year I’ll be collecting photos and stories in Collect, sharing here and possibly scrapping and adding to my Awesome Ladies album.
This is my fifth year documenting Week in the Life on my and you can check out my previous years’’ Week in the Life posts here. And I just realised that I need to go back and add photos back to some of the earlier posts :/ Oh well another project to add to the list
I may have started an Instagram account for this blog. Would love it if you popped on over and said hello
December flew by in such a rush and we went away on holiday so I didn’t scrap a thing all month!
My word of the year for 2017 is me so I’m making sure I take more time for me and the things I love, which includes scrapbooking.
This year I plan to…
- create a photo book of our holiday using the Project Life app and most likely printing it through Snapfish.
- finish our 2016 Journal Your Christmas pages. Keeping it very simple this year so I get it done.
- create a year of me album – not sure what it will include as yet but it’s my Awesome Ladies Project for the year
- keep up to date with the girls albums. Simplify this year. Use up the supplies I have. Print photos and journal each month. Get it done, not perfect.
- Day in the Life & Week in the Life. Thinking of doing these digitally and printing them. I did this for Day in the Life in 2016 and it worked well so I might try it for Week in the Life too.
- possibly other projects that I have on the backburner or that spark my interest
I’m part of the Awesome Ladies team again this year. Things are a little different this year and I’d love it if you join us over at the new website and community.
So that’s my plans for 2017 in a nutshell. What are your plans?
Week in the Life is a week-long documentation project from the amazing scrapbooker/memory keeper Ali Edwards. You can see previous years by clicking the WitL tag.
Managed a sleep in. Slow morning, breakfast and the Sunday Footy Show. Miss A spent time playing in the bedroom. I stripped our bed and tried to find the cat smell 🙁 Time for some pumpkin soup for lunch. The girls helped dad mow the front lawn before it bucketed down. Visited Grandma & Grandad.
Back home again and Miss K and I folded her washing and put it away before cooking mini lamb roasts for tea. Fluffy hot chocolates for all then showers. Bedtime for Miss A & she was out like a light in 15 minutes. The Eurovision finals once Miss K headed to bed. Got stuck into some school baking and a sneaky Choc Raspberry Brownie. Made our bed then headed off to sleep.
Thanks for reading along this week. I’ll hopefully get a start on my album soon, unlike last year which is still to be done :/