I can’t believe that I’m up to book 3! I’m managing most weekdays with the occasional Saturday or Sunday.
The remainder of book 2….
and Book 3 up until the end of April
And that is a wrap for April.
1. Kids are on Easter break. Driving me nuts. Can’t wait for Term 2. Even if it is online.
2. Loving the liltte burst of creativity my Daily Pages gives me.
3. Have bought myself a new fruit juicer. Can’t wait til it gets here.
1. Really looking forward to getting my crafty on this weekend. It’s iNSD weekend.
2. We’re back into schooling from home. Teachers – you guys rock!
3. I’m loving having the wood fire going again. Not loving the mess but loving the warmth.
I’m doing the 100 Happy Days project again this year. This year it’s been a great motivator to find something to be happy about every day.
Birthday cake with Grandma | Daily Pages | Homemade butter | Homemade apple cider | Happiness is a cat (or 3) outside | Logan in an impromptu cat hammock
Pyramids during schooling from home | First proper cuddle with foster Dash | Lamington birthday cake for J | Zentangles | A lost her first tooth | Homemade pastries | New shoes | Planners Anon goodies | Bath crayon art made by the kids | Snapchat selfies | Easter haul | Happy Easter | Sleepy kitty | Boo | ISO birthday | More Snapchat selfies | D&D online | New juicer | Homemade focaccia | Roast pork & veg | A girl & her kitty | One corner in my craft area | D&D pins | My first Memorydex | ANZAC Day | Fried chicken & waffles | Lap cat | Kids in the kitchen | Plane by K for Pa | sleepy kitty pt 2
Photos are all saved in the Collect app.
1. Quiet Friday night here. Watching a little @linkinpark live in concert while getting my craft on.
2. Long weekend =more craft time #yay
3. Looks like season change colds are here little one has a croaky voice. Here’s hoping it doesn’t spread.
Have a great weekend everyone
1. This week has been strange. Do we keep the kids home from school or not? They ended up having 2 days off. We r all ok just seasonal head colds
2. I’m thankful for the amazing online crafty/planner communities. Everyone bands together and makes sure everyone is ok
3. I made big dent in sorting my craft stuff and setting up my little craft space in the bedroom. Can’t wait to be able to go shut myself away in there when I need some alone time
How are you all doing?
1. We’ve pulled the kids from school. This could be interesting. Wish me luck.
2. Loving my daily pages. Finished my first book the other day. Yay me.
3. Missing mum. But glad she’s not here at the moment
Short & sweet this week
So, Covid-19. What a time we are living in! Countries in lockdown. People panic buying (why the toilet paper people???). Physical distancing. Self isolation.
As of 19th March there are 244,739 confirmed cases and 10,024 deaths (source) and 87,407 have recovered.
So what do crafters do at times like this? We come together online, offer freebies, virtual hangouts, free or discounted classes. Things to keep us busy and able those who want to record this moment in history.
In the interest of sharing I thought I’d create a list of all these goodies as I find them. Thanks to all who are creating and sharing during this time.(list last updated 20/3/20)
Kristin’s (founder of the Awesome Ladies Project) Currently cards (link below) and her Thursday 3 Instagram challenge are an awesome way of recording your personal stories during this time (heck at any time really).
The Currently card challenge is take five minutes each week and write down what is going on in your right-now life, using the same 7 one-word prompts each week. I started sharing mine last year on the blog but stopped. No time like the present to get back onto it….
The Thursday 3 challenge is an easy way to get a little bit of your story down each week. It’s as easy as 1,2,3.
1. Snap a photo of yourself. 2. Write down three things about your right now. 3. T
ag three friends to play along with you.
Kristin & Amanda discussed Thursday3 on the Crafty Ass Female podcast. You can listen to that episode here.
This year I’ve been blogging mine monthly.
1. School is back so is swimming. Everyone will be exhausted tonight.
2. Mini me (aka Miss K) is getting into planning. Not sure if I should be happy or not. Means buying 2 lots of stash
3. Loving that Miss A has the same swimming teacher that Miss K had when she started swimming.
1. Looking forwards to crafting with the @the_awesome_ladies_project this week at the online hangout
2. Kitties after operations are like 4 legged drunk people. Two of our fosters got desexed yesterday. Back to their normal selves today.
3. Back into creating stickers again for my planner. Next step is improving my digital brush lettering.
I’m loving creating my daily pages again. It’s my little 5-10 minutes of creativity a day…. that sometimes ends up with me getting in a creative burst and creating lots more. I may not do it every day but I have managed to do most days so far.
For Vol 1 I created my own book using some old Urban Lily paper for the cover and some 100gsm paper on the inside.
Instead of sharing each book as I finish it, I thought I might share my pages at the end of the month. On to January.
Hmm. My Thursday 3s for January. All 2 of them.
1. Our country is burning and it makes me sad. Praying to the goddess for some much needed rain.
2. I’m crafting again. Mum would want me to keep on keeping on. So I’m doing it for the girls. And me.
3. My word of the year for 2020 is Self. Focusing on me and lots of self care this year.
* birthday week is coming to an end so is January. It’s been a strange month. Birthdays without Mum are strange. Cake is good.
* school is back next week. Holidays have been good but my god I am so looking forward to having both kids at school 5 days a week.
* today has been Hot! It’s meant to rain tonight but still be hot and muggy. hello summer