It’s been a while since we just had a catch up. How are you all doing? What have you been up to?
Me? Well I’m doing ok, on the mend from a chest infection. Mentally, doing ok, still have my days. Had a few dark days when I was sick as it really hit me I can’t just ring Mum when sick. This girl still needs her Mum.
Craft wise – Daily Pages, planner spreads, working in my Book of Me, making things with the fellow Fussy Cutting Cuties. Getting ready for an awesome weekend of crafting during the Awesome Ladies Project’s annual Harvest Fest.
What is Harvest Fest? It’s a long-weekend event to help us tell our food, friend, and family stories.
Throughout this event we’ll have challenges, tutorials, pop-in clubhouse hangouts, videos, prizes, and more! This event takes place inside The Awesome Ladies Project community between 22nd October and 25th October
Guest contributors Tazhiana Gordon, Tracey Fox, Shannan Manton, and other incredibly talented women will be sharing amazing content with how they tell stories of food, friends, and family during this interesting time in our lives.
Want to join me (& the other Awesome Ladies)? Head on over to https://theawesomeladiesproject.com/product/harvest-fest-2020/ and register now
Hope to see you there
RUKristin of The Awesome Ladies Project & I co-hosted a 7 day photo challenge last month and it was so much fun. The ladies who took part shared a bunch of AMAZING photos. Here’s my 7 photos and the prompts.
Day 1 – Black and White
Day 2 – Silhouette
Day 3 – Rule of Thirds
Day 4 – Selfie
Day 5 – Texture
Day 6 – Nature
Day 7 – Perspective
This month I’m doing a selfie a day challenge which you can follow along with over on my Insta and join in using #2020SeptSelfies.
1. Today is World Ovarian Cancer Day. I miss my mum.
2. Strange but I am mostly kind of enjoying schooling from home. Can tell I’m the daughter of a teachers. Somedays though, not so much.
3. Loving how creative the eldest is. She has been writing some amazing short stories and getting crafty.
1. I really dislike most things about winter. Except wood fires and footy.
2. Friday nights are for vegging or doing some craft. Tonight it’s vegging with the boys.
3. My littlest is sick. Hoping she sleeps it off. Hate it when the kiddos are sick. Hope they don’t give it to me.
1. Different perspective this week. This is my craftermath after a few weeks of depression. Stuff everywhere!
2. Big kid is playing hockey for school. Mum is enjoying being a hockey mum. Loved playing hockey when I was younger. Lots has changed!
3. Looking at ways I can better manage my downs. Mental health check up next month so will discuss my options with my lovely doctor.
The amazing RUKristin of The Awesome Ladies Project & I are cohosting a 7 day photo challenge.
Its called 7 Photos, 7 Stories and it’s an intensive online ‘bootcamp/challenge’ where over the course of a week you’ll get all the tools you need to take seven amazing photos that will each tell a story all on their own.
By the end of the 7 days you’ll learn:
- How to use photography prompts to help you tell a specific story
- How to use whatever camera you have to get great results
- How to decide when a photo is good enough for your story
- How to take photographs of yourself (selfies) to help tell your story
- And how to see the story through the lens before you take the shot
Click here to get all the details and grab your spot.
I am so excited and hope you join us xx
1. Kids are on Easter break. Driving me nuts. Can’t wait for Term 2. Even if it is online.
2. Loving the liltte burst of creativity my Daily Pages gives me.
3. Have bought myself a new fruit juicer. Can’t wait til it gets here.
1. Really looking forward to getting my crafty on this weekend. It’s iNSD weekend.
2. We’re back into schooling from home. Teachers – you guys rock!
3. I’m loving having the wood fire going again. Not loving the mess but loving the warmth.