1. Kids are on Easter break. Driving me nuts. Can’t wait for Term 2. Even if it is online.
2. Loving the liltte burst of creativity my Daily Pages gives me.
3. Have bought myself a new fruit juicer. Can’t wait til it gets here.
1. Really looking forward to getting my crafty on this weekend. It’s iNSD weekend.
2. We’re back into schooling from home. Teachers – you guys rock!
3. I’m loving having the wood fire going again. Not loving the mess but loving the warmth.
1. Quiet Friday night here. Watching a little @linkinpark live in concert while getting my craft on.
2. Long weekend =more craft time #yay
3. Looks like season change colds are here little one has a croaky voice. Here’s hoping it doesn’t spread.
Have a great weekend everyone
1. This week has been strange. Do we keep the kids home from school or not? They ended up having 2 days off. We r all ok just seasonal head colds
2. I’m thankful for the amazing online crafty/planner communities. Everyone bands together and makes sure everyone is ok
3. I made big dent in sorting my craft stuff and setting up my little craft space in the bedroom. Can’t wait to be able to go shut myself away in there when I need some alone time
How are you all doing?
1. We’ve pulled the kids from school. This could be interesting. Wish me luck.
2. Loving my daily pages. Finished my first book the other day. Yay me.
3. Missing mum. But glad she’s not here at the moment
Short & sweet this week
The theme for the Awesome Ladies Project for 2018 is Book of Me. I’m loving this so far. I’ve gone with a 6×8 album this year to give me a bit more room that last years 4×4.
So far this year I’ve been using Kristin’s Currently cards a lot. I love these and it makes it super easy to document what’s going on in my life.
My cover and January pages
February was all about Currently. My 4 weeks of Currently Friday. I’ve done a bit of journaling on the back of each cards to note important events that took place each week.
I turned 40 at the end of January so documented that
Gardening has been a big part of my life lately so it got documented too.
I’ve got a couple of more Currently stories to document so I’ll share them next time.
Earlier this year I decided to embark on The 100 Day Project. I managed about 15 days. So, not so great.
When I heard Kristin (of Awesome Ladies fame) on the 100 Creatives podcast talking about her 100 Day project I thought it sounded pretty cool and something I could achieve (you can listen to the episode here). Then Kristin released it as an Awesome Ladies Project, a follow along email challenge. I jumped in.
My plan – answer each daily question using up my stash of 3×4 Project Life cards.
9 Days in and I’ve managed to do every question so far, except today which I’ll do while I watch Game of Thrones. Once I get to day 25 I’ll share my first batch of cards.
If you are interested to read more about the project or to sign up yourself, head on over to http://theawesomeladiesproject.com/projects/100days/
Another month done and dusted. February was all about Favourites.
Starting with my 3×8 divider page
My Currently page for February, with a couple of watercolour quote cards. A page about my favourite person to spend time with. Overlays, hearts and glitter washi
Then a page about music. I love music, it’s probably one thing I couldn’t live without and my favourite foods
Favourite TV shows and movies then some of my favourite photos so far in 2017 and some random favourite
I’ve finally finished my Awesome Ladies Project pages for January, February & March (thanks in part to the 100 day project) but never got around to posting so over the next few days I’ll be sharing them here
I’ve started my album with a 3×8 pocket and 2 3×4 cards from my stash and backed it with a 3×8 page from Ali Edwards.
Next we welcome January pages with a Snapcaht of me, my January Currently list and 5 facts about me. The backside of that page is a #thursday3 list, a mirror selfie and a quote card I had in my Becky Higgins collection.
Another 3×8 divider. Front side is a list of 39 things about me (as I’m 39 this year) and the reverse is my journaling for my Day in the Life, which I did on my birthday.
Next up a mini snapshot of my Day in the Life using a bunch of 2×2 pictures.
I’ll admit, I’m a bit excited about RUKristin’s kit coming out and to celebrate she is having a launch party ‘sleepover’
In her first paper collection, rukristin: feminist scrapbooker collaborates with NYC based artist Kara Haupt to create a bold statement, using blacks, whites, and pops of yellow to convey the importance of women documenting their stories.
Awesome Ladies will be available for retail sale on June 25th at rukristin.com/shop.
We will be celebrating with a scrapbook sleepover launch party event! On Friday, June 24th (the evening before the line goes on sale) join us for games, giveaways, challenges, a live video chat, and of course — tons of inspiration using the new product line!
*squee* I can now share my exciting news. I’m part of the Awesome Ladies Creative Team for rukristin *happy dance*
I love the ALP 2016 and am looking forward to sharing and inspiring over there for the next few months.
Thanks heaps to Kristin for welcoming me aboard.
Now go check out her site 🙂