Well, wasn’t 2020 an interesting year. Stuck at home. Schooling from home. Endless Zoom calls. Not a real lot to put in the planner….
If you read my post from this time last year (thanks for sticking around and if you are new, Welcome!) I was in the Planners Anonymous Planner Babe TN. Well Sami did not disappoint and released the gorgeous Northern Lights Melody (more about that in a bit), as well as another 7 Melody planners.
What is a Melody Planner? To quote Planners Anon….
“The concept behind the melody is simple. We wanted to create a planner that is flexible and able to grow and change as you do. Inspired by life and music, this planner is composed from the ground up. The cover has the unique ability to segue between rings, strings, discs, booklets and book bound inserts.
How will you use your Melody?”
I bought the Northern Lights one as soon as it was released but decided not to go with the rings bundle, cause I was not really a rings girl (been there done that) but after a few months caved and ended up going rings & strings. Fast forward another few months and they released the Note to Self Melody.
I bought this one and the rings bundle as well. So I currently have a Spring/Summer planner (Note to Self) and an Autumn/Winter (Northern Lights) AND I’ve gone back to rings for my inserts.
After all that, here’s my setup for 2021 (at this stage anyway)
- Cover – Planners Anonymous Melody Planner with rings and strings
- 2021 B6 Single Page Monthly + Tracker Printable Insert from Annie Plans Printables
- Dashboards by DesleyJane Plans. I currently have Pink Petals, Dark Romance and Water Droplets (blue)
- Pocket also by DesleyJane Plans in Water Droplets (blue) for the stickers I use every week
- Monthly inserts from Planners Anonymous that came with the rings bundle. They are hoping to have them as a separate purchase soon.
- Custom made dot grid TN insert in the back for collections & notes. I just made this myself by cutting down some A4 dot grid paper to B6 and made a cover from the Planners Anonymous Planner Babe freebie (which you can grab, along with other freebies, here)
So that’s my planner for 2021 in a nutshell. How are you planning this year?
My little channel on YouTube is slowly growing. I’ve now got three Planners Anon unboxings up as well as my first Chasing Planner Peace on. I have a new CPP one I’m editing and a couple of Planners Anon ones planned (when my parcels arrive). I may even do a voice over on one of the Planners Anon ones, who knows
Anyway, would love it if you popped over and checked out my vids, maybe Subbed to my channel and gave me a thumbs up
So the plan was to do something new and going so far out of my comfort zone. Kara has been at me to start her own YouTube channel for ages but wasn’t sure what to do. She’s been watching planner unboxing videos with me and suggested we do one together. Well I guess that’s better than her doing those Minecraft videos she spends HOURS watching *eye roll*
Anyway I got all set up to do an unboxing of the Purrfect Kitty box then broke my tripod and when I copied the video to my laptop – it’s corrupt. I hate technology. Grumble, grumble, grumble…
Anywho, roll on the new box – Winter Fairytale and we made a video! And it’s on YouTube!! You can watch it at https://youtu.be/FtE98LWfq-k
And I’ve ordered myself a new tripod and ring light so we can get into making more videos. Wish me luck!
After 3 years in a bound book type bullet journal I’ve decided to change things up a bit for 2020. I’m going Traveller’s Notebook!
To be honest I was bitten by the bug last year but didn’t want to dive in fully so I did a frankenplanner for the last few months of 2019. My bound book bullet journal in an A5 ring binder converted to a stringed Traveller’s Notebook. I blogged about my DIY in 2017, tried it out a bit, wasn’t sold. Tried it again in 2018 for a bit and still not sold. Finally subbed to Planners Anonymous and then I tried their B6 sized inserts (without a TN cover) and loved the more portable size. So I made myself a laminated TN cover and ran 2 planners for the remainder of 2019.
Towards the end of the year, Sami released the gorgeous Planner Babe B6 TN and I decided I really wanted to buy it. I’m not a pink girl but Planner Babe is one of my favourite kits so far. (I’m excited that there might be a Northern Lights TN coming soon, after all a girl needs to swap out her TNs with the seasons right? Right!)
So that’s what we’re in for 2020. My inserts so far are:
- 2020 Single Page Monthly + Tracker Printable Insert from Annie Plans Printables
- Luxe subscriber undated insert from Planners Anonymous. This is my weekly insert. It changes each month depending what the PA kit is. January is Northern Lights. February is most likely going to be Books & Botanicals.
- Planners Anonymous Dot Grid Insert for collections. Currently using the Northern Lights one. May add the Books & Botanicals one as a way of tracking the books I read this year.
- Custom made B6 blank page insert. I’m using this to create my 2020 vision boards. A Vision journal if you will
- The vegan leather envelope that came with the Planner Babe kit. Currently empty. Not sure if I will keep it there or add another insert.