Well, wasn’t 2020 an interesting year. Stuck at home. Schooling from home. Endless Zoom calls. Not a real lot to put in the planner….
If you read my post from this time last year (thanks for sticking around and if you are new, Welcome!) I was in the Planners Anonymous Planner Babe TN. Well Sami did not disappoint and released the gorgeous Northern Lights Melody (more about that in a bit), as well as another 7 Melody planners.
What is a Melody Planner? To quote Planners Anon….
“The concept behind the melody is simple. We wanted to create a planner that is flexible and able to grow and change as you do. Inspired by life and music, this planner is composed from the ground up. The cover has the unique ability to segue between rings, strings, discs, booklets and book bound inserts.
How will you use your Melody?”
I bought the Northern Lights one as soon as it was released but decided not to go with the rings bundle, cause I was not really a rings girl (been there done that) but after a few months caved and ended up going rings & strings. Fast forward another few months and they released the Note to Self Melody.
I bought this one and the rings bundle as well. So I currently have a Spring/Summer planner (Note to Self) and an Autumn/Winter (Northern Lights) AND I’ve gone back to rings for my inserts.
After all that, here’s my setup for 2021 (at this stage anyway)
- Cover – Planners Anonymous Melody Planner with rings and strings
- 2021 B6 Single Page Monthly + Tracker Printable Insert from Annie Plans Printables
- Dashboards by DesleyJane Plans. I currently have Pink Petals, Dark Romance and Water Droplets (blue)
- Pocket also by DesleyJane Plans in Water Droplets (blue) for the stickers I use every week
- Monthly inserts from Planners Anonymous that came with the rings bundle. They are hoping to have them as a separate purchase soon.
- Custom made dot grid TN insert in the back for collections & notes. I just made this myself by cutting down some A4 dot grid paper to B6 and made a cover from the Planners Anonymous Planner Babe freebie (which you can grab, along with other freebies, here)
So that’s my planner for 2021 in a nutshell. How are you planning this year?
After 3 years in a bound book type bullet journal I’ve decided to change things up a bit for 2020. I’m going Traveller’s Notebook!
To be honest I was bitten by the bug last year but didn’t want to dive in fully so I did a frankenplanner for the last few months of 2019. My bound book bullet journal in an A5 ring binder converted to a stringed Traveller’s Notebook. I blogged about my DIY in 2017, tried it out a bit, wasn’t sold. Tried it again in 2018 for a bit and still not sold. Finally subbed to Planners Anonymous and then I tried their B6 sized inserts (without a TN cover) and loved the more portable size. So I made myself a laminated TN cover and ran 2 planners for the remainder of 2019.
Towards the end of the year, Sami released the gorgeous Planner Babe B6 TN and I decided I really wanted to buy it. I’m not a pink girl but Planner Babe is one of my favourite kits so far. (I’m excited that there might be a Northern Lights TN coming soon, after all a girl needs to swap out her TNs with the seasons right? Right!)
So that’s what we’re in for 2020. My inserts so far are:
- 2020 Single Page Monthly + Tracker Printable Insert from Annie Plans Printables
- Luxe subscriber undated insert from Planners Anonymous. This is my weekly insert. It changes each month depending what the PA kit is. January is Northern Lights. February is most likely going to be Books & Botanicals.
- Planners Anonymous Dot Grid Insert for collections. Currently using the Northern Lights one. May add the Books & Botanicals one as a way of tracking the books I read this year.
- Custom made B6 blank page insert. I’m using this to create my 2020 vision boards. A Vision journal if you will
- The vegan leather envelope that came with the Planner Babe kit. Currently empty. Not sure if I will keep it there or add another insert.
I’ve always admired zentangles but I didn’t realise how easy they could be. Ok maybe not easy (cause some of them are damn hard) but doable! I’ve been doing the Zen Art Challenge for a couple of months now and really loving it. Miss K even wants to learn! Here’s my tangles from January and February
Well here we are in January and I have to admit, I’m still loving my BuJo and I’m still using it every day. If it had been a regular planner, it’s about this stage (3 months) I start to forget to use my planner and it seems like a chore. I really don’t know what it is about the BuJo system that makes it work so well for me. We’ll see how I’m going at the 6 month mark.
Now on to the sharing….
I’ve started using my BuJo for other things and creating collections and planning. For our trip to Queensland at Christmas I created a page for our itinerary, a to do list for before we left and a packing list
I shared the cover for my Christmas planner last time and inside it I created pages for our Elf ideas, gift list and a little Christmas countdown (created with stickers from Lovely Planner.)
Then onto December…including my tracker for challenges, another Zen Art Challenge and my year in review.
So there you go. I’ll be back in a couple of months to share the next few months and to keep you up to date with how I’m going.
Well we’re just over a month into using my bullet journal and I must say I’m loving it. It’s so much easier and makes much more sense to my list loving brain.
What I’ve learnt so far…..
1. Follow the basics til you get a grip on it. Go visit the home of the Bullet Journal first. Read how Ryder sets it up. Devour the videos. Follow the basic setup for at least your first month.
2. Don’t compare yourself to others. Yes all the Facebook groups and Pinterest and Instagram are awesome for inspiration but your journal is yours. Do as you wish.
3. Don’t try and do all the challenges you find. This month I tried to keep up with 4. I managed to do one everyday. Next month I’ll be more selective which challenges I actually attempt.
4. Also don’t try and track everything. Be selective. You can always track different things next month.
With that out of the way, here’s some of my spreads…
My first monthly page. Pretty plain when compared to my second month (I started half way through October). Love this spread much more but I still want to work on it.
Getting much more confident with creating collection, doodling and adding some pretties. This is my first Zen Art Challenge and the cover page for my Christmas planner. The illustration is from Urban:Eve’s Christmas planner (I Love her Christmas planners, her art is amazing). I printed it on clear sticker paper then cut it out for my bullet journal.
So where to from here? I’ve added a few pages for our upcoming trip and have started decorating my December pages. I’m really loving this system. We’ll see how it goes in a few months.
I love my planner, I mean seriously LOVE my planner (or maybe I’m just addicted to stationery LOL) but I am yet to find “planner peace”. You know, the one planner you wan to use over and over each year.
When I started back into the world of planners I had an awesome A5 size pink planner from Inner B. Wasn’t a huge fan of the colour but I loved the planner. When they stoped doing inserts I decided to try a Kikki K A5 in lilac. I LOVE it but the paper the inserts are on suck. It is too thin for me. I grabbed another set of Kikki K inserts for this year but I’m still not a fan. Fast forward a couple of months into 2016 and I grabbed a Heidi Swapp personal size planner. LOVE the paper but the size is too small for me. Since I hardly used it I’ll gift it to Miss K next year as she keeps asking for a planner to decorate.
What’s a girl to do? I’ve got the planner coming from Leonie Dawson as part of my Shining Academy membership but I don’t know if I’ll use that as my main planner yet.
I’m drawn to bullet journaling as it looks so simple. Etsy is just evil as there as so many cute planner pages on there. I guess I need to sit down and work out what I want to put in my planner and what I’ll use my planner for. I love pen and paper but find myself using my phone cause it’s just easier :/
Edited: I’ve splurged and bought a Leuchtturm1917 Bullet Journal. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks to report what I think