I’ve been a pocket scrapper for so long. To be honest I haven’t kept up with it at all since probably 2018. I’ve dabbled a bit with planning the pages but that’s it. When I saw Heidi Swapp’s class Stop the Blur advertised in May last year, I was curious. I didn’t join that month but after seeing a few spreads around the net (& getting a discount for the first month) I bit the bullet and joined. Each month Heidi shares 4 techniques and a printable to use in your planner.
Anywho, I was given the Storyline Chapters planner for my birthday in January and I think I’m slowly becoming a memory planner.
I’ve managed to keep up with the monthly spreads. It’s actually really easy. Each calendar page has monthly highlights, things that make me smile and a few photos from the month.
The next spread is something that happened each day (a line a day, if you will), In the News for major news stories, events, important things to remember, monthly highlights and goals. I’m also including the new recipes we’ve tried, what we’re watching and the monthly Covid stats for the world and Australia. Starting in March I also added a section for what was happening this time last year. It’s been interesting looking back and seeing how Covid unfolded and changed our lives.
I’m slowly working through my weekly spreads but they aren’t ready to share in order yet. You can definitely see when I started getting more game with embellishments. Hopefully I’ll be back soon and share January and February weeklies with you all.
If you are interested in checking out Stop the Blur, pop on over to Heidi’s website (while you are there, check out the Stop the Blur kit too).
Can you believe I’ve been doing this yearly project since 2014?!! I love taking a little snapshot daily of something that has made me happy each day. I start on March 26 and go through until July 3rd.
What is the 100 Happy Days project? It’s a photo project that challenges you to post something that makes you happy, daily, for 100 days.
I originally blogged it over at my main blog but moved it here in 2019 and I usually blog my photos monthly.
I create my collages using the Collect app on my iPhone.
So I’ll see you back here in a couple of days for the first of the pictures. March 26 through March 31.
I haven’t shared any of my Fussy Cutting Cuties bits and pieces since September last year but since we are in a new year I thought I’d start a fresh and shown you what we’ve been doing at the end of the month.
So, 2021 saw a change to the Cutie Keeper, going from a monthly TN insert to a year long A5 project. Now I love me some A5 and have a bunch of empty A5 size binders so totally behind this one.
Each month we get a printable pack of pages – a calendar, our yearly Christmas project, and other little projects to complete through the month. Here is some of my pages.
My monthly divider for January from Simple Stories printables. Sticking a Currently list (also from Simple Stories) to the back of each month divider.
My hexie page using random scraps of paper and printables from Kami Higgins (available here)
My Fussy Spread, created using bits from Planners Anonymous Butterfly Skies kit. I seriously love this kit. 365 day card is from
This is my Jolly January spread for our Colossal Christmas Project. Lots of Planners Anonymous, some Heidi Swapp and bits and pieces from a Christmas card swap & Secret Santa
Each month we visit a different destination as part of Take Me Away Day. January was Sydney Australia. Loved that they started in my country. Mostly created using the printables provided to us, except for the page about the Botanical Gardens which features the Painted Protea kits from Luscious Labels
January’s Cutie takeover was with Michelle Durheim and was about water colours and lettering. Haven’t finished mine yet so no photos to share.
Day 22 – I can tell I need a break when ……
- my eyes start to hurt
- I get grumpy
- it becomes a bad habit
Day 23 – Dear future me
- keep fostering cats
- get more sleep
- just keep swimming
- he does love you, lots
- i hope the kids are better behaved
Day 24 – Changes I made this year
- D&D online
- Daily pages
- more online streaming services
Day 25 – I am grateful I can
- see my family
- do pretty much what I want
- have a family
Day 26 – When I need some energy I know I can count on
- a quick nap
- get out of the pjs
- getting some fresh air
Day 27 – What I read this year
- way too much news
- The Ethical Slut
- Find your sparkle
- The Witch’s book of self care
Day 28 – Favourite things I watched this year
- Ghost Adventures
- Curse of Oak Island
- The Mandalorian
Day 29 – 2020 taught me
- I can survive
- I’m stronger than I thought
- Daily creativity is good for the soul
- I could not home-school, well I could but I need a break from the kids
- I love fostering cats
Day 30 – How I plan on documenting 2021
- Monthly memories in my planner
- Book of Me
- Daily Pages
Day 31 – Hopes for the future
- A cure for Covid-19
- things settling in the US
Well what a year we had this year!! Here’s hoping next year will be a better one.
My word for 2021 is Create. I’ve used this word before but it just feels right.
I want to create a more decluttered and organised house.
I want to create more crafty projects.
Create more in the garden.
My crafty plans
- Book of Me with the Awesome Ladies Project
- Daily Pages (Monday to Friday)
- 100 Happy Days
- Attempt to do a daily photo challenge. See how far I get.
- Sharing more on here & my Instagram. I’m finally working out an editorial calendar for myself so hopefully things will be a bit more regular.
- Continuing to do my Currently & Thursday 3 each week
- work through the 52 weeks to an organised craft space challenge from thekeeperofthememories. I really want to do this one as I’m slowly bring all Mum’s craft stuff here and hopefully will have a dedicated craft space next year, especially as the kiddos want to craft with me now and the dining table isn’t cutting it (plus I want the dining table back for eating meals at lol)
- Week in the Life. I need to coral all my previous WitLs actually into an album.
- December Daily/Journal Your Christmas
What are your plans for 2021? Whatever they are here’s hoping it’s a good one and we all stay safe & healthy <3
15. A ______ is a terrible thing to waste
- bowl of cherries
- good hair day
16.Snacks you’ll find around me at this time of year
- Fresh fruit
- Quality Streets
- pretzel sticks
- after dinner mints (has to be After Eights)
- candy canes
17. How I’m celebrating differently this year
- Just our little family until tea time
- BBQ tea at the beach
- Going camping
- Much quieter
- Less stuff
18. Tips for staying warm (or cool because it’s summer here)
- Light clothes
- Air con
- Cold drinks
- Icy poles & ice cream
19. Good news!!
- It’s summer
- We’re going camping
- Biden won the US election
- Dad’s second surgery seems to have gone well
- Weekend postal deliveries
20. Things worth making time for this week
- Sleep ins
- Last minute shopping
- Creative time
- Binge watching TV
21. The best kind of mail to receive
- Planner stickers
- Planner subs
- Wish orders
- unexpected gifts
8. Words to Live By
- Just surviving is enough (especially in 2020!)
- Wear the damn mask
- Make sure you social distance
- Me time is important
- Record your stories
- YOU are important
9. 2020 Stories to document
- Foster kitties
- Schooling from home
- Dad’s surgeries
- US election
10. I’m dreaming of
- warmer weather
- A COVID vaccine that works
- No headaches
- Kids that do as they are told
11. Favourite ‘Blast from the past’ trends
- Making do with less
- mini backpaks
- tie dye
12. This Winter (Summer), let’s
- get the gazebo up
- start on the new cat run
- start the bee garden
- start to declutter (again)
- craft more
- walk more
13. How I am taking care of myself this month
- more sleep
- craft time
- scheduling me time
- taking naps
14. I want to learn more about:
- Air Fryer baking
- 3d printing
- using my laser etcher
Sadly this December marks the final official version of 30 Days of Lists I will miss listing every couple months.
This month I’ll be blogging my lists once week as well as writing them up in my 30 Lists book.
Here are the first 7
1. It’s the 1st, which means it’s time for
- December Daily
- Journal Your Christmas
- Putting up the tree
- First day of Summer (yay!!!)
- Glitter arrives
2. My life is filled with the sounds of….
- People mowing their lawns
- ABC News
- Crafty Ass Female podcast
- Craft videos
- Kids playing/yelling at each other/being told to behave
3. December’s playlist
4. Ways to get on my good list
- Bring me chocolate
- Give me a massage
- Craft time
- Take my kids for a couple of hours/offer to babysit
- Text or email instead of ringing
5.Chilly nights call for
(except it’s summer here so Warm nights call for)
- Air con
- Iced drinks
- Open windows
- Throwing all the sheets on the floor
- Meals outside
6.This week I am choosing
- early nights
- Crafting daily
- Me time
- Spending less
7. Signs of the season (at home)
- Christmas tree is up
- Christmas cards are hung above the fireplace
- Christmas scrapbook stuff everywhere
- Summer clothes
- Hidden Christmas presents until they are wrapped & under the tree