Well what a year we had this year!! Here’s hoping next year will be a better one.
My word for 2021 is Create. I’ve used this word before but it just feels right.
I want to create a more decluttered and organised house.
I want to create more crafty projects.
Create more in the garden.
My crafty plans
- Book of Me with the Awesome Ladies Project
- Daily Pages (Monday to Friday)
- 100 Happy Days
- Attempt to do a daily photo challenge. See how far I get.
- Sharing more on here & my Instagram. I’m finally working out an editorial calendar for myself so hopefully things will be a bit more regular.
- Continuing to do my Currently & Thursday 3 each week
- work through the 52 weeks to an organised craft space challenge from thekeeperofthememories. I really want to do this one as I’m slowly bring all Mum’s craft stuff here and hopefully will have a dedicated craft space next year, especially as the kiddos want to craft with me now and the dining table isn’t cutting it (plus I want the dining table back for eating meals at lol)
- Week in the Life. I need to coral all my previous WitLs actually into an album.
- December Daily/Journal Your Christmas
What are your plans for 2021? Whatever they are here’s hoping it’s a good one and we all stay safe & healthy <3
15. A ______ is a terrible thing to waste
- bowl of cherries
- good hair day
16.Snacks you’ll find around me at this time of year
- Fresh fruit
- Quality Streets
- pretzel sticks
- after dinner mints (has to be After Eights)
- candy canes
17. How I’m celebrating differently this year
- Just our little family until tea time
- BBQ tea at the beach
- Going camping
- Much quieter
- Less stuff
18. Tips for staying warm (or cool because it’s summer here)
- Light clothes
- Air con
- Cold drinks
- Icy poles & ice cream
19. Good news!!
- It’s summer
- We’re going camping
- Biden won the US election
- Dad’s second surgery seems to have gone well
- Weekend postal deliveries
20. Things worth making time for this week
- Sleep ins
- Last minute shopping
- Creative time
- Binge watching TV
21. The best kind of mail to receive
- Planner stickers
- Planner subs
- Wish orders
- unexpected gifts
8. Words to Live By
- Just surviving is enough (especially in 2020!)
- Wear the damn mask
- Make sure you social distance
- Me time is important
- Record your stories
- YOU are important
9. 2020 Stories to document
- Foster kitties
- Schooling from home
- Dad’s surgeries
- US election
10. I’m dreaming of
- warmer weather
- A COVID vaccine that works
- No headaches
- Kids that do as they are told
11. Favourite ‘Blast from the past’ trends
- Making do with less
- mini backpaks
- tie dye
12. This Winter (Summer), let’s
- get the gazebo up
- start on the new cat run
- start the bee garden
- start to declutter (again)
- craft more
- walk more
13. How I am taking care of myself this month
- more sleep
- craft time
- scheduling me time
- taking naps
14. I want to learn more about:
- Air Fryer baking
- 3d printing
- using my laser etcher
Sadly this December marks the final official version of 30 Days of Lists I will miss listing every couple months.
This month I’ll be blogging my lists once week as well as writing them up in my 30 Lists book.
Here are the first 7
1. It’s the 1st, which means it’s time for
- December Daily
- Journal Your Christmas
- Putting up the tree
- First day of Summer (yay!!!)
- Glitter arrives
2. My life is filled with the sounds of….
- People mowing their lawns
- ABC News
- Crafty Ass Female podcast
- Craft videos
- Kids playing/yelling at each other/being told to behave
3. December’s playlist
4. Ways to get on my good list
- Bring me chocolate
- Give me a massage
- Craft time
- Take my kids for a couple of hours/offer to babysit
- Text or email instead of ringing
5.Chilly nights call for
(except it’s summer here so Warm nights call for)
- Air con
- Iced drinks
- Open windows
- Throwing all the sheets on the floor
- Meals outside
6.This week I am choosing
- early nights
- Crafting daily
- Me time
- Spending less
7. Signs of the season (at home)
- Christmas tree is up
- Christmas cards are hung above the fireplace
- Christmas scrapbook stuff everywhere
- Summer clothes
- Hidden Christmas presents until they are wrapped & under the tree
It’s been a while since we just had a catch up. How are you all doing? What have you been up to?
Me? Well I’m doing ok, on the mend from a chest infection. Mentally, doing ok, still have my days. Had a few dark days when I was sick as it really hit me I can’t just ring Mum when sick. This girl still needs her Mum.
Craft wise – Daily Pages, planner spreads, working in my Book of Me, making things with the fellow Fussy Cutting Cuties. Getting ready for an awesome weekend of crafting during the Awesome Ladies Project’s annual Harvest Fest.
What is Harvest Fest? It’s a long-weekend event to help us tell our food, friend, and family stories.
Throughout this event we’ll have challenges, tutorials, pop-in clubhouse hangouts, videos, prizes, and more! This event takes place inside The Awesome Ladies Project community between 22nd October and 25th October
Guest contributors Tazhiana Gordon, Tracey Fox, Shannan Manton, and other incredibly talented women will be sharing amazing content with how they tell stories of food, friends, and family during this interesting time in our lives.
Want to join me (& the other Awesome Ladies)? Head on over to https://theawesomeladiesproject.com/product/harvest-fest-2020/ and register now
Hope to see you there
RUKristin of The Awesome Ladies Project & I co-hosted a 7 day photo challenge last month and it was so much fun. The ladies who took part shared a bunch of AMAZING photos. Here’s my 7 photos and the prompts.
Day 1 – Black and White
Day 2 – Silhouette
Day 3 – Rule of Thirds
Day 4 – Selfie
Day 5 – Texture
Day 6 – Nature
Day 7 – Perspective
This month I’m doing a selfie a day challenge which you can follow along with over on my Insta and join in using #2020SeptSelfies.
I love a good printable, especially when the graphics are super cute. The amazing Kelly Bangs & Paula G joined forces to create a new group The Fussy Cutting Cuties.
$10US a month gets you access to a private Facebook group, 6+ live events a month, 5+ crafty printable sheets per month, Random Happy Mail and more……
anywho…… each month we are making a cutie file but that’s a post for another time plus another little project. Last month our project was a mini memorydex in a berry basket with Caroline Martinez– a fruity dex if you will. We got a template to make our own basket and mini memorydex cards.
So far I’ve made 10 cards but I’ve got some ideas for more.
How cute are they? Can’t wait to get some more made and in my fruitdex PLUS it’s given me some ideas to use in my full size memorydex.