Wrote a huge post on this and then deleted it. It was too sad (& a
bit lot personal)
RIP Chester. I hope you are in a better place. The world will miss your amazing voice.
“Who cares if one more light goes out?
In the sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone’s time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
Or quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do”
(image from http://chester.linkinpark.com/)
It’s Winter Solstice so time for my midyear check in of how I’m going on my List of 100 Things for 2017.
(bold is started, strike thru is finished & red isn’t done )
- Organise Pinterest boards better
- Blog a new recipe each month
- Try something I’ve pinned and blog the results
- Monthly blog back up
- Blog everyday for 1 month (not for #30Lists)
- Do #30Lists (
March, September, December)
- Cull facebook groups that don’t bring me joy
- New design for Nightwolf Scraps
- New design for Nightwolf’s Den
- Sort bookmarks (not really blog or SM related but oh well)
- Work out what vegies to plant and then plant them
- Start a Garden Journal.
- Finally get gazebo up
- Do Declutter 365
- Finish laundry reno
- New laundry storage (cupboard)
- Organise garage & office
- Get solar panels
- Redo my herb garden
- Get floors polished
- Have my parents over for dinner
Have in-laws over for dinner
- Get an updated family photo
- Write a letter to Miss K to open on her 18th
- Write a letter to Miss A to open on her 18th
- Sort & cull movie folder
- Update wills
- Sort and cull TV folder
- Work on family tree
- Create a family binder and get some routines happening
- Watch a documentary every month
Anzac Day dawn service (marking this as done even though it was the 11am service because both kids were involved)
Have a family movie night (complete with popcorn & choc tops)
- See more of Tassie
- Spend a day at the beach
- Visit QVMAG
- Set up the Xbox & use it
- Sort photos
- Go on a picnic
- Sort and cull double ups on music drive
- Get BAS in on time
- Keep work accounts up to date
- Work through the Business Goddess e-course
- Upgrade RAM &
Hard drives in laptops
- Sort EHDs and make sure there’s no duplicates
- Work on better backups of important files
- Do the Raise your rates mini workshop
- Christmas club savings
- Work emails to zero each week
- Pay extra into super
- Finish JYC 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Scrapbook with mum more
- Finish wedding scrapbook
- Organise all my paper scrapbook supplies
- Scrapbook with others more
Backup digital Project Life supplies
- Project Life date at least once a week – PUT IN PLANNER!
- Do some more classes & make sure I finish them
- Create a scrapping binder
- Organise craft group days
- Create a mini Goddess altar
- Re-join the shining life & biz academy when renewal due
- Work through (& complete) Creating your Goddess Haven e-course
- Celebrate the solstices
- Read at least 3 books with a spiritual focus
- Do the Creative goddess course
- Meditate more – find a good app
- Buy a set of oracle cards
- Create a spiritual journal
- Investigate essential oil companies and buy some new oils
- Write a letter to myself to open on my 40th
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Get a massage
- Make a list of 30 books I want to read & then read those books (6/30)
- Personal email inbox to zero
- Get to bed earlier – have been trying to get to bed by 10:30 each night
- Drink more water
- Learn to crochet
- Learn brush lettering on the ipad
- Do my nails at least once a month
- Cook more with the thermomix
Renew Thermofun membership
- Make beef jerky
- Create less waste – recycle more
- Learn a new recipe each month
- Create and more YIAH recipes
- Learn to make different types of bread
- Go berry picking
- Go to the Harvest market more
- Use more whole foods
Do something different for Afternoon Teal
- Do Frocktober or something for Frocktober
- Write in family journals more often
- Make time to do something with others
- Star Wars
- Have a board games night
- Buy Cards Against Humanity
- Play Cards Against Humanity
- Visit the tessellated pavement
- Take the kids to Tazmazia
I love bread and I love making bread. I have a bread maker but it’s gathering dust since we got our Thermomix.
I’ve just signed up to do a free 7 day course with Sophia at Thermomix Baking Blogger to learn how to make 7 different types of bread. I’m really looking forward to it and sharing the results with you all.
It doesn’t start until August so you have plenty of time to join if you wish to bake along too.
Check it out here
I have realised, going back through my blog that a lot of the recipes I published using a recipe plugin are no longer there *insert sad face here* so what’s a girl to do?
Slowly go through all my foodie posts and check that they are all ok and actually have a recipe listed!
Once they are all happy again they will be listed in the master index which you can find under the Recipes tab. Don’t click on the word Recipes as it will take you to my Pinterest page.
Thanks for understanding and before you go, check out my last recipe – Pork stir fry
This week we decided to have a stir fry but weren’t sure what meat we wanted so off to the butcher’s to get our meat for the fortnight and pick out something to be the star of our stir fry.
I ended up picking a super yummy pork fillet (it’s my favourite cut of pork and I use it in so many recipes) and made this super delicious pork stir fry.
It’s been a while since I shared any recipes with you all so I thought I’d share something that has become a new family favourite – so much so that I find myself cooking it at least once a week! You can change them up a bit to by adding smarties or M&Ms into them as soon as you take them out of the oven, before cooling.
Seriously, you need to try these. Pop on over to Kidspot and grab the recipe. Let me know what you think if you cook them
In other news I’ll slowly be moving all my Your Inspiration at Home recipes over to this blog.