Another year in my Planners Anon Melodies. Hopefully I might add a third to the line-up this year and have a dedicated Christmas planner (hello Christmas at Home). Maybe even splurge and buy myself a Melody for Spring or Autumn – possibly Sakura for Spring and All for Fall for Autumn. It depends on what Sami brings out this year.
This year I’m shaking things up a bit. I’m using both the strings and rings in the Melody. On the front string I’ve got a B6 TN Undated Monthly Glance from Lights Planner Action for all my monthlies, monthly goals, important dates
On the rings I have 4 dividers set up. The first is Yearly which contains my Master Birthday & Anniversary list and my 23 goals for 2023. I’ll be adding moon phases, yearly oracle reading, yearly numerology & corresponding Tarot in here too.
Next is my weeklies. I printed a bunch of dot grid paper which I downloaded. There is a blank page and the front and back of each month so I can decorate the front and do a monthly roundup on the back.
Third divider houses my trackers – mood, sleep and period. I have a master habit tracker on my Google Drive that I purchased from Thyme is Honey. I’m thinking I’ll add a paper habit tracker to this section and just transfer the data at the end of each month.
The forth, and last divider, is my Misc section. Movies to watch & have watched. Books to read and have read. TV shows and Podcasts
On the back string I have a planner pocket from Planners Anon I’m using to store the stickers I use every week (like my rubbish bin stickers from Luscious Labels)
Here’s a quick flick through (& sneak peak of some of my January pages)
You can see my previous setups in these posts – 2022 | 2021
Well, wasn’t 2020 an interesting year. Stuck at home. Schooling from home. Endless Zoom calls. Not a real lot to put in the planner….
If you read my post from this time last year (thanks for sticking around and if you are new, Welcome!) I was in the Planners Anonymous Planner Babe TN. Well Sami did not disappoint and released the gorgeous Northern Lights Melody (more about that in a bit), as well as another 7 Melody planners.
What is a Melody Planner? To quote Planners Anon….
“The concept behind the melody is simple. We wanted to create a planner that is flexible and able to grow and change as you do. Inspired by life and music, this planner is composed from the ground up. The cover has the unique ability to segue between rings, strings, discs, booklets and book bound inserts.
How will you use your Melody?”
I bought the Northern Lights one as soon as it was released but decided not to go with the rings bundle, cause I was not really a rings girl (been there done that) but after a few months caved and ended up going rings & strings. Fast forward another few months and they released the Note to Self Melody.
I bought this one and the rings bundle as well. So I currently have a Spring/Summer planner (Note to Self) and an Autumn/Winter (Northern Lights) AND I’ve gone back to rings for my inserts.
After all that, here’s my setup for 2021 (at this stage anyway)
- Cover – Planners Anonymous Melody Planner with rings and strings
- 2021 B6 Single Page Monthly + Tracker Printable Insert from Annie Plans Printables
- Dashboards by DesleyJane Plans. I currently have Pink Petals, Dark Romance and Water Droplets (blue)
- Pocket also by DesleyJane Plans in Water Droplets (blue) for the stickers I use every week
- Monthly inserts from Planners Anonymous that came with the rings bundle. They are hoping to have them as a separate purchase soon.
- Custom made dot grid TN insert in the back for collections & notes. I just made this myself by cutting down some A4 dot grid paper to B6 and made a cover from the Planners Anonymous Planner Babe freebie (which you can grab, along with other freebies, here)
So that’s my planner for 2021 in a nutshell. How are you planning this year?
After 3 years in a bound book type bullet journal I’ve decided to change things up a bit for 2020. I’m going Traveller’s Notebook!
To be honest I was bitten by the bug last year but didn’t want to dive in fully so I did a frankenplanner for the last few months of 2019. My bound book bullet journal in an A5 ring binder converted to a stringed Traveller’s Notebook. I blogged about my DIY in 2017, tried it out a bit, wasn’t sold. Tried it again in 2018 for a bit and still not sold. Finally subbed to Planners Anonymous and then I tried their B6 sized inserts (without a TN cover) and loved the more portable size. So I made myself a laminated TN cover and ran 2 planners for the remainder of 2019.
Towards the end of the year, Sami released the gorgeous Planner Babe B6 TN and I decided I really wanted to buy it. I’m not a pink girl but Planner Babe is one of my favourite kits so far. (I’m excited that there might be a Northern Lights TN coming soon, after all a girl needs to swap out her TNs with the seasons right? Right!)
So that’s what we’re in for 2020. My inserts so far are:
- 2020 Single Page Monthly + Tracker Printable Insert from Annie Plans Printables
- Luxe subscriber undated insert from Planners Anonymous. This is my weekly insert. It changes each month depending what the PA kit is. January is Northern Lights. February is most likely going to be Books & Botanicals.
- Planners Anonymous Dot Grid Insert for collections. Currently using the Northern Lights one. May add the Books & Botanicals one as a way of tracking the books I read this year.
- Custom made B6 blank page insert. I’m using this to create my 2020 vision boards. A Vision journal if you will
- The vegan leather envelope that came with the Planner Babe kit. Currently empty. Not sure if I will keep it there or add another insert.